Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I'm Still Here

Two years ago I lost someone that meant an awful lot to me. Nobody had a chance to say goodbye to him which made the loss that much more difficult. After he passed we were all searching for letters he may have left or signs that he was still here with us in spirit. After months and months of searching nothing was found, everyone was heart broken. 

When my friend was younger he would run to the bus stop with his mom standing on the porch yelling "I love you!" as he ran to the bus. After a few years, instead of embarrassing him and yelling how she loved him, she would send him the same message only using her hand. While bending down her middle and ring fingers and keeping the other three up right, she told her son how much she loved him.  

After a long day at work I was asked to stay fifteen more minutes because someone was running late, I needed the money so I stayed the extra fifteen minutes. Right before I went to punch out I saw something that honestly took my breath away. I saw a glove right in the middle of the floor with it's ring and middle finger folded under, with the other three straight up. I couldn't believe what was laying right in front of me, I knew it was my friend and I was instantly comforted.


A few hours later I had received the devastating news that my grandfather had passed away. Looking back on it now I feel like it was a sign that everything was going to be okay and that my friend and my grandfather were together, at peace and looking over me.

Have you ever encountered an event like this one? I love stories like this, feel free to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment