Monday, November 3, 2014

Stuck In Neutral

Sometimes I find myself going through life stuck in neutral! Meaning, nothing exciting has happened, I haven't met anyone new, life is just "normal". Most of the time normal is considered great but other times its easy to get stuck in the routine of normal- easy to get caught up in the routine you have every day or week and not make time for new and exciting things that you will remember when you're older!

One of my biggest goals for senior year was to be able to make memories with my friends that I would be able to remember for a life time. I wanted to be able to look back in twenty years and be able to tell my kids all of the amazing things I had done during high school. I am so happy to say that I most definitely have those memories that I wanted to badly. I found that for some of high school I was going with the flow and stuck in neutral, so, I decided to change the way I was doing things and go out of my way to try and make memories that I could never forget.

I found that in order to have the opportunities to create memories you have to take the initiative to plan the things you want to happen. If you don't take initiative then things will never happen the way you want them to. If you find yourself stuck in a rut, make plans with friends in order to get out of that place you're in, you will be so much happier because of it!



It took me many years and many tears to realize that things don't just happen for people; you have to put in the effort and time in order to make your life fun and exciting! Trust me, it will definitely be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment