Monday, November 17, 2014

Memories

One of my favorite things to do is look back on all of the amazing memories that I have. Sometimes I remember things that had happened in my past that I didn't realize I had forgotten and they instantly put a smile on my face! It could be a family member talking about a memory, a certain smell, a sound or even a thought that triggers the memory.

Before my Poppop had passed away, every time I hugged him goodbye I would always try and remember what his cologne had smelt like so I could remember him through his scent if something ever did happen to him. Now that he has passed on, I am so grateful I remembered his smell because whenever I am sad or scared, I always can smell his cologne even if there is nobody around. Just the thought of his smell brings me back to those times when he hugged me and I can still remember what it feels like to have his arms around me again.

Another way memories are triggered for me is through music. Whenever I watch an older movie and hear songs that were popular at the time, it can trigger so many memories! Whether its the memory of the first time you heard the song or the one time you blasted the song in your car and screamed the lyrics at the top of your lungs with your best friend. Recently, my friend Matt and I went to McDonald's one night and he showed me a couple of songs and I loved them, now when I hear them, I think about that night and how much fun we had!



What is something that triggers memories for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment