Thursday, October 23, 2014

I'm Still Waiting...

I always catch myself saying that I can't wait for the weekend, I can't wait for the summer, I can't wait to graduate. What happened to all of the days spent between the days you can't wait for? I have wasted so many days waiting for better days to come along. It's actually kind of sad when you think about how much of our time we waste waiting for a new day to come, then, once that day is over, it's on to the next thing you have to wait for.

I remember being in elementary and middle school and always saying how I couldn't wait for high school. Once I got there, it got old really quick and then I couldn't wait for college. Now, I'm in college and I'm already counting down the days until Christmas break and summer vacation. I'm wasting my life away and before I even know it, it will all be gone and all I'll have to look back on are a few small memories that I couldn't wait to experience.

We need to learn how to enjoy the little things that happen everyday. I want to be able to wake up every morning and just be glad that I am awake and be able to enjoy everything and everyone I encounter in hopes that maybe it will rub off on somebody and they will eventually be as happy as I am. Not waiting for another day, but enjoying the day I am living now.

My Grandma used to always tell me that I shouldn't say that "I can't wait" for something, If you can't wait then you won't be able to enjoy the days leading up to that thing you can't wait for, and who knows, you might never make it to that day! So, why waste your time saying you can't wait, and instead enjoy every second of everyday. Fill your days with things that are so amazing that when you get to the day you can't wait for, it just seems like another amazing day in your already amazing life.


No comments:

Post a Comment