Sunday, October 26, 2014

Relationships and Nail Polish

Most people would agree with the idea that friendship is a two way street. Equal amounts of give and take. Although some of my friends certainly are this way there are without a doubt some that are not equal in their amount of give and take. I definitely still love these people and cherish the relationships but some times it becomes too much to handle so I have to take a little break from the relationship, which breaks my heart but I know we will be closer because of it.

This is going to sound like a random question but I promise it will make sense in one second. Have you ever painted your nails and one hand always comes out better than the other? (If you're a righty, chances are your left hand comes out better and vice versa for all of the lefty's out there). This is how I view some of my friendships. Me, being the right hand doing the decent painting, is able to take the time and make the nails on the left hand look beautiful and clean. Meanwhile, the left hand looks beautiful and all it is able to do in return for the right hand is get paint all over the fingers and just make a complete mess. The right hand puts in the effort to make the left hand look beautiful, but the left hand isn't able to return the favor.




I know that might sound crazy but that is the best description I could use to possibly explain how these certain relationships work. I feel like I'm constantly putting in so much effort and getting close to nothing in return, and it can get to you after a while. Don't get me wrong, I love doing things for people and making them happy, it's one of my favorite things! It's just frustrating getting nothing in return.

Any advice on friendships or relationships in general? I'm open for some insight!

No comments:

Post a Comment