Monday, October 27, 2014

The Value Of A Moment

When I look back on the things that have happened in the past there are plenty of moments I would do pretty much anything to go back too, even if it was only for a single second. Whether it be a moment with someone who has passed on, a conversation with a friend that you just wish you could do over or a memory that gives you the biggest smile when you think about it.

There are many reasons why I would want to go back in time and re-live certain things, one reason would be to change something that had happened. I am strong believer in the idea that everything happens for a reason and that there is a plan for all of us. But, if I had the opportunity I might consider going back and changing something. There isn't anything I wouldn't do if I could have another chance to avoid a fight I might've had with one of my friends or family or have the opportunity to let the ones I love know how much they are loved before it was too late.

Another reason I would love to go back and re-live a certain moment would be because I was simply so happy at that time. There are plenty of memories I have with my friends and family that I am so grateful for. My favorite memory with my family was when my whole family was at my grandparents house and we were all hanging out in the den. Then, out of nowhere my grandparents come running in with silly string and start spraying everyone with it! It turned into a crazy fun silly string fight. we all laughed until we cried! I would most definitely go back to that time and just soak in all of the happiness that surrounded me!

For my senior year, my whole grade got shirts that said "Seniors 2014" on the front, and on the back was a quote. "Sometimes, you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory." When I first got the shirt, I thought the quote was just another sappy quote on a shirt that I would never wear. Now, looking back on high school and my senior year, I couldn't agree more with the quote! Maybe if I was able to go back in time and re-live those times I wouldn't appreciate them as much because I would still be living in them and not appreciating them.

Have a favorite moment? One you would do anything to go back too? Would you go back? I'd love to hear your opinion!


No comments:

Post a Comment