Monday, October 13, 2014

Trying To Ease The Stress

Now that I am first-time college student I finally understand how stressful school can be. In the beginning of my semester I was so beyond overwhelmed with homework and trying to still juggle relationships with friends and family that I barely had time for myself. A few mental breakdowns later, I figured that it was time for a change. My life had completely changed and I had to learn how to adapt. Here's what I found!

1. Organize: My mom always told me that kids with cleaner rooms did better in school. I thought she was just thinking of creative ways to tell me to clean my room considering nothing else had worked for her in the past. It turns out she's not crazy and that it really is true! After I cleaned my room and organized everything for school, things suddenly became easier to do.

2.  Make "Me" Time: This is my favorite time! The best thing to do after a long day of work or school is to lay down by yourself and just watch Netflix or read a book! This is completely necessary if you plan on keeping your sanity...trust me.

3. Ask For Help: You are surrounded by people who want to help you and see you succeed! Why not ask them for a little support or advice? They wouldn't be offering if they didn't want to help!

and most importantly....

4. PRIORITIZE: This part is crucial! You will get nowhere if you aren't able to pick and choose which things need to get done first. The best way to figure out what you have to do is make a to-do list! Another one of my favorite things! Whenever I go on vacation or have a long break from school or even a busy week ahead I always make to-do lists. They help me realize how much I need to get done and motivate me to get those things done!



Hope I can help! Let me know if you have any tips on how to deal with the stress that is college!

No comments:

Post a Comment